ANZCOR recommendation: Escalating energy to 360J
“If the first shock is not successful and the defibrillator is capable of delivering shocks of higher energy, it is reasonable to increase the energy to the maximum available for subsequent shocks.” (1)
ANZCOR recommendation: Default initial energy of 200J
For biphasic waveforms: “The default initial energy level for adults should be set at 200J.” (1)
ANZCOR recommendation: Decreased time to defibrillation
“The chance of successful defibrillation decreases with time. Therefore the performance of good CPR and decreasing the time to defibrillation are the highest priorities in resuscitation from sudden cardiac arrest.” (2)
- Physio Control have over 50 years of experience, innovation and steadfast commitment to quality that positions their brand as one of the global leader in the AED space.
- The Lifepak CR Plus features the same advanced technology trusted by emergency professionals.
- It is a device that is simple to use and designed specifically for the first responder attending to a victim with suspected sudden cardiac arrest (SCA).
- The CR Plus AED combines an easy two-step operation, the right level of guidance to the operator and the capability to increase shock levels when needed.
- When we measured the Lifepak CR Plus against the ANZCOR guidelines we found that not just the CR Plus, but every Lifepak defibrillator, delivers a first shock at 200J, then automatically escalates to 300J and 360J if needed. It also has one of fastest times to first shock of all devices on the market.
- The Lifepak CR Plus and its siblings Lifepak 1000 and Lifepak Express are all worthy of further investigation.
- The ‘New’ Zoll AED 3 utilises the best and the latest technologies available, making it reliable, easy to use and easy to maintain.
- The AED 3's Programme Management Onboard ensures that the device is ready when it is needed. Users can register the AED online with ZOLL’s PlusTrac AED Programme Management System either with a computer or a mobile device. It can be linked with the local Wi-Fi system and to the cloud-based Programme Management Onboard which allows users to know the current status of the AED after it conducts a self-test.
- This online management system alerts users via email in the event that a failure has been detected. This eliminates the need to manually inspect the AED and check the status report without requiring the investment in additional hardware or software.
- The AED 3 also boasts of the Real CPR Help technology which allows first responders to provide the best quality CPR. The pads are equipped with sensors which allows the AED to check the chest compressions and guide the rescuers.
- The AED 3 has the fastest shock delivery after chest compression stop which helps minimise the delay between stopping chest compressions and delivery of shock. It can also be used for both adults and children, thus eliminating the need to purchase special pads for children and helping minimise cause.
- The AED 3 is available in two models: the semi-automatic and automatic models.
ANZCOR Guideline 11.2 – Protocols for Adult Advanced Life Support. 2016;3(section 2.4).
ANZCOR Guideline 11.2 – Protocols for Adult Advanced Life Support. 2016;2(section 1).
Lifepak AED’s meet ANZCOR 2016 Guidelines
Zoll AED 3 Brochure
AMA Medical Products is a market leading supplier and distributor of high quality medical products.
If knowledge, experience, high level technical support, outstanding customer service and delivery of a tailored solution to best meet your needs are what you demand of your medical products supplier, then our team at AMA Medical Products will be happy to exceed your expectations.